Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My birth story

I suppose its time for me to share my birth story... almost 6 weeks later. Sorry it has taken so long. On Thursday morning June 7th i woke up having a few contractions. I didn't think much of it because I really didn't want to get my hopes up. So I ended up calling my mom and told her what was going on. The contractions started coming more frequently but were not very intense at this point. Luckily my sister was coming down and we started tracking the contractions. We went for a few fast walks to see if we could get things moving a bit more. It helped a little but not as much as we had hoped. I kept my husband and my mom updated, my mom couldn't take the anticipation anymore so she came down. I had a doctors appointment at 2 and had about 3 contractions when i was there. But i was still only at a 2 and 70% thinned. So when we left the doctors i had one really strong contraction but it didn't last very long. My sister and i met up with my mom at he mall and walked around quite a bit. My contractions started coming more frequently and lasting a lot longer. I finally called Josue about 4:30 and told him that he needed to come home. So by the time he got home my contractions were lasting a minute to almost 2 minutes and were 5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital around 6:30 and i was dilated to a 5. They kept me there and gave me the epi. My contractions slowed way down because of the epi and i didn't progress anymore till they broke my water and started me on the pit. By 10:55 I was at a 7 and then 5 minutes later i felt pressure and started pushing. I pushed 6 times and he was here. :) 7 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long.




No comments:

Post a Comment